Helpful Tips to Make Moving Go Smoothly in Pensacola
Moving is one of the most stressful parts of life, and it's not just because it requires so much work and heavy lifting, but also because it's emotional, it's difficult to plan and execute, and the scope of the job can be overwhelming. While it can be very exciting to move into a new home, once the work begins, the process can become chaotic.
The professionals at Pensacola Moving and Storage offer moving services to help you make simplify the process and take away much of its stress. We can also offer some advice to our customers to help them keep the entire process running smoothly. Take a look through these helpful tips to make your Pensacola moving project easier. (Of course, you can always just call our Pensacola moving company - we'll be happy to manage your project from start to finish.
The advice that we have to offer comes down to two key things: organization and planning. If you can keep every aspect of your move well planned out and well organized, you can eliminate much of the stress that moving causes.
Pensacola Moving Organization Tips
- Start by clearing out anything you won't want to keep. Hold a garage sale to get rid of some of these items, or donate them to a Goodwill or other charity. Here in Pensacola, there's also the Waterfront Rescue Mission among other organizations that will even schedule to pick up your unwanted items, leaving you with one less thing to worry about. Plus, you can get a tax write off while you declutter your home.
- Get rid of anything that's flammable: pail, gasoline, and even their containers. When you're getting ready to move, it can be dangerous to have these things around.
- Get rid of any clothes that you don't need. This can be touch, since it's easy to tell yourself that you might want some of these clothing items in the future, but if you haven't worn them in around 6-8 months, they're most likely just taking up space.
- Separate your books. Organize them based on weight, size, and value. If you can get rid of any of them, go ahead. Books are very tough to move, so it won't hurt to have less if they're only taking up space. Look for charities that accept book donations.
- Round up your personal documentation. Make sure that any important documents — like your passport, social security card, etc. — are in one safe place so that they aren't lost during the move. Doing this beforehand will save you a lot stress during the packing and unpacking process. If you're moving because you're closing on a new house or beginning a lease contract, you may want to store these items in an easy to access box in your personal vehicle rather than the moving truck. That way, should the need arise, you'll be able to get to these files easily, rather than sorting through boxes and boxes in the moving truck or storage unit. Even when clearly labeled, during the move everything seems a little hectic and disorganized, especially if you don't hire professional Pensacola movers.
Planning Tips for Moving in Pensacola, FL
- Pack one room at a time. Label your boxes by not only what's inside them, but by which room they belong in as well in order to save time when you're unpacking. Hate packing? Our Pensacola packing services team will take care of it for you, ensuring your stuff is properly organized and safely stored away for the move.
- Make sure you have plenty of "filling" or packing materials. If you're in a bind, or trying to save money on the packing materials, try using bundles of clothes, towels, and bed linens to pad your boxes. Becareful when dealing with fragile items, though. You don't want to get where you're going just to find out the breakables didn't make it in tact. Opt for professional packing materials like bubble wrap, foam, or packing peanuts.
- Pack heavier items on the bottom of boxes, and lighter items on top. Try to make sure that no one box weighs more than 50 pounds, and put heavier items in smaller boxes. Also apply this concept to how you stack boxes when you move, keeping the heavier boxes on the bottom, never on top of lighter boxes. Otherwise you may find that those lighter boxes get squished under the weight of the heavier boxes.
Contact Pensacola Moving and Storage for any help that you may need with your move. Our Pensacola moving services include packing, local moves, nationwide moves, and commercial moving.